Thursday, August 3, 2017

#RPGaDay 2017: Day 3


3rd) How do you find out about new RPGs?
  1. Publishers: I follow a handful of my favorite publishers (such as Green Ronin) through their company websites and social media, so I see their announcements about upcoming releases and Kickstarters. (In the case of Green Ronin, this is how I learned about Spaceship ZeroA Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying, both editions of Blue Rose, and Fantasy AGE, among others.)
  2. Podcasts: I follow the Ken and Robin Talk About Stuff podcast, so I hear about the projects they're working on, as well as games that are advertised during the podcast. (I regret not having the disposable cash to back Robin Laws' Yellow King RPG, which recently concluded its Kickstarter.)
  3. Game-related forums: I'm active on a few gaming forums, and members frequently post about newly announced or released games. (For example, a member of The Piazza posted some very nice previews and reviews of the Tails of Equestria RPG, which have made me consider buying it for my kids.)
  4. Friends: I have a lot of gamer friends, who share links about new games on social media, and talk up new games in person, too. (One of the players in my regular gaming group backed the Pugmire Kickstarter, and is eager to try it out.)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete