Wednesday, August 2, 2017

#RPGaDay 2017: Day 2


2nd) What is an RPG you would like to see published?

LARP rules for Freeport: The City of Adventure.

Once upon a time, I toyed with the idea of writing a Freeport LARP, but never got very far with it except to drop Green Ronin a line asking if it would be OK for me to do such a thing (not for profit, obviously).

I haven't LARPed in years, but hope to get back into it someday. I have a couple ideas for non-Freeport LARPs to get myself back in practice writing for that style of play. Then maybe someday I'll have sufficient inspiration to tackle a LARP scenario set in Freeport. Besides needing to cater to a larger group than your typical small band of adventurers, I'd also need to find or devise rules that properly reflect the feel of the setting, and its D&D origins. I own Freeport Companions for d20, True20, Pathfinder, and Fate, so I don't lack for rules to choose from--but adapting any of them to the rules-light demands of a LARP would still be a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment