Saturday, August 5, 2017

#RPGaDay 2017: Day 5



5th) Which RPG cover best captures the spirit of the game?

Most of the covers for the Pathfinder RPG, but especially the Core Rulebook and Advanced Race Guide, which feature action shots of the game's core activity: adventurers battling monsters in their lairs. Wayne Reynolds has produced the cover art for almost every Pathfinder hardcover, and his distinctive style gives the brand a memorable look.




I'm also a great fan of his covers for Green Ronin's Freeport setting, which is where I first saw his work. Tales of Freeport is one of my early favorites. (I want to make a costume of that serpent person someday!) However, his latest piece for the series, for Freeport: City of Adventure, best captures the spirit of that setting, and may be my personal favorite of all the RPG covers I own.



No comments:

Post a Comment