Friday, August 24, 2018

#RPGaDay2018: Days 20-23


WEEK FOUR: WHICH...
20) ...game mechanic inspires your play the most?
21) ...dice mechanic appeals to you?
22) ...non-dice system appeals to you?

I'm not really sure how to answer these. I enjoy many different games, some of them with wildly different mechanics.

One of the more fun (albeit arcane) dice mechanics I've played with is Earthdawn's "Dice Step" system of variable-sized dice and its use of exploding dice. The results can sometimes be truly epic, and it's always fun to roll a handful of dice. (My Journeyman-tier obsidiman warrior regularly rolls D12+2D6 to attack and 2D12+D8+D6 for damage with his many-times-reforged two-handed sword.)

23) ...game do you hope to play again?
To choose an answer that is likely to actually happen, I'd have to say Earthdawn. My wife and one of her other players backed the Fourth Edition Kickstarter, so whenever she does resume her campaign, we'll be converting from Third to the new edition.

If I don't limit myself in that way, then I'd say the "Grey Angels" Buffy campaign that I was in several years ago. I still miss playing those characters, especially Trick (who I've mentioned at least once already this month). However. I've moved out of state since that game ended, so it seems highly unlikely that we would ever be able to manage any kind of sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment