I've decided to share these old ideas here as my own personal way of celebrating the resurgence of Blue Rose.
Placing Freeport in Aldea
Blue Rose Backgrounds in Freeport
Using Blue Rose Gods in Freeport
- Death: Most death gods would be aspects of Selene.
- Justice/Retribution: Aulora. Alternately, this could be a sect of Jarzon's Church of Pure Light, which would fit well with the fact that this temple of crusaders has had a difficult time operating in a pirate city.
- Luck: Athne (good fortune) seems to be the closest match.
- Magic: Selene.
- Murder: This could be one of many Exarchs of Shadow, but most likely Tyrexxus (wrath).
- Orcs: Krom is almost certainly an orcish [night people] interpretation of another god, perhaps Anwaren (war).
- Rogues/Trickery: This may be a Shadow-perverted cult derived from Selene's (secrets).
- Smiths: Goia.
- Sun: Hiathas.
At that time that I originally composed the notes above, I didn't continue my thoughts to the point of answering a few critical questions that would be necessary for actually running a Blue Rose Freeport game. The foremost of these was how to adapt the serpent people to Aldea. Green Ronin partially solved that problem themselves a few years later, when they released a version of Death in Freeport that used the True20 System rules set that succeeded Blue Rose.
Well, if the new edition and "Game of Thorns" stop short of introducing Freeport's unique brand of Lovecraftian pirate horror into Aldea, then I may just have to tackle converting the serpent people into AGE myself. Ye be warned, 'lubbers...