Monday, August 20, 2018

#RPGaDay2018: Days 17-19


WEEK THREE [continued]: DESCRIBE...
17) ...the best compliment you've had while gaming.
I've been GMing for over 30 years, and in my opinion, one of the best things you can say to your GM is, "Thank you for running." It acknowledges the effort that they've put into preparing and running the game. It also implies that you'd like to see more, which is encouraging.

18) What art inspires your gaming?
My undergraduate degree was in studio art, and I've been playing RPGs for over 30 years, so there are far too many sources to cover in just one short response. That said, the only RPG artist whose coffee-table art collection I own is Wayne Reynolds, who is my favorite Pathfinder artist, and (with Toren Atkinson) one of my two favorite Freeport artists.

19) What music enhances your game?
I don't play music during game, as I (and many of my players) find it distracting. However, in the past, I have created a number of playlists that represent different characters (and events in their careers) to me, and listened to them outside of game to get into that character's headspace. The most extreme example of this is when my Buffy RPG character essentially rewired part of my brain with her own musical tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment