Monday, August 8, 2016

#RPGaDay 2016: Days 7-8


Day 7: What aspect of RPGs has had the biggest effect on you?

I would have to say the friendships that I've made and/or deepened through gaming together. My current gaming group includes my wife and her best friend, both of whom I've known and gamed with regularly for 20 years, and that friend's husband, who we've known for at least half that long. Our two more recent recruits are friends we made through church, but a shared enthusiasm for RPGs was a key factor in getting to know them better.

Day 8: Hardcover, softcover, digital? What is your preference?

Hardcover, with a few caveats. I vastly prefer to read print copies; the physical object is more satisfying to read, and easier on my eyes. That said, I do appreciate having electronic copies for ease of reference when traveling (or any other time that pulling out several bulky books isn't convenient). As far as covers go, I prefer hardcover for long-term use, as they are usually more durable--but for smaller books (like modules or the shorter splatbooks), softcover is usually easier to use in play.

No comments:

Post a Comment