Tuesday, April 13, 2021

James Marlowe and the Giant Peach


My wife and I recently rewatched James and the Giant Peach. Partway through, it occurred to me that Miss Spider would be the sort of costume that one of my NPCs in the Grey Angels game would choose. Lilith Corman is a goth witch, largely inspired by Wednesday Addams (and cast as Christina Ricci), who works for Nightwatch. So I sketched her costume, and added her boyfriend dressed as Mr. Centipede. Lance Bogan (cast as George Eads) is a Nightwatch commando with an ever-cheerful personality. This pairing of opposites surprises everyone--not least the couple themselves--but they've made it work for a little over a decade now.

For this piece, I used photo references of both actors as well as stills from the movie to portray them in costume. Eads is approximately a foot taller than Ricci, so tall, lanky Centipede is a good fit for their relative sizes as well as their disparate personalities.

(Nightwatch is briefly explained at the end of this blog post. For more on the Grey Angels campaign, see my links on that page to my other blog posts about my PC, Trick Tillinghast. My title above references James Marlowe, a veteran Nightwatch agent who heads up a team that goes on missions to other parallel worlds.)

No comments:

Post a Comment